It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dressage show Sunday
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:34 pm 

On Sunday I rode in another dressage show. I placed 2nd out of 5 entrants and was very proud of myself! I ride an 11 year old Trakhener mare for actual competitons and I usually ride her in my lessons. Poor Woodrow hasn't been feeling well lately so it's just as well. We scored 67.62% which isn't amazing but I did improve upon my last test in February by 0.04%! The last judge was very generous as well - this judge was a lot harder. I did a walk/trot test as I'm not great at getting a horse collected at the canter but I can do it at the trot and sometimes at the walk, depending on how she's feeling / how I'm feeling. Callie (mare) really is an amazing partner though, she has really great training and has great gaits. She's got the nicest, bounciest trot I've ever ridden and can slow it down so nicely. She gets like automatic 7s on her movements - it's me that brings her down. But this judge was so hard core she was giving people 4s!!

10 Excellent
9 Very good
8 Good
7 Fairly good
6 Satisfactory
5 Sufficient
4 Insufficient
3 Fairly Bad
2 Bad
1 Very bad
0 Not performed

So I was pretty proud of the test I rode - I lost to one girl by 0.20%... but she has 24/7 access to her horse and I don't... so considering, I think I had a pretty good test. :D

:dressage: